Nestled on the coastline of Bundaberg and 4.5 hours drive north of Brisbane lies Bargara, a small coastal village with an enviable year round climate and the begin of the Southern Great Barrier Reef, where you can get up close and personal with resident turtles and manta rays and truly experience the beauty of the world’s largest living organism.
Some of our Iconic Hero Experiences include:
- A day trip to the Lady Musgrave Island to snorkel the coral lagoon and grab a selfie with a turtle
- Flying to the spectacular Lady Elliott Island and swimming with the Manta Rays
- Creating your own keep-sake take home rum from the World Famous Bundaberg Rum on a Blend-Your-Own Rum experience. You will leave with your own blend - it’s pure personalised perfection.
- Discovering Nesting and Hatching Turtles on the Mon Repos Turtle Encounter (November to March)
- Create your own foodies delight, tasting locally brewed beer at the Bargara Brewhouse, Kalki Moon Distilery for Gin and Vodka, Bundaber Brewed Drinks and the award wining Indulge Cafe to name a few,
- Hitting the Beach - Sandcastles on the Beach is located on the beautiful Kelly’s Beach by far the most popular, with a man-made swimming area known as The Basin. Perfect for younger families and a great spot to learn how to snorkel and do a spot of fish feeding. There is also the most amazing playground popular with kids and has something for all ages.Visit
- Outside the Resort is a pathway that connects you all the way to Burnett Heads (the home to Bundaberg Port Marina), meandering along the coastline you can explore the many beaches, play grounds and of course Mon Repos Turtle Visitor Centre.
- Chilling by the river on a Friday afternoon at River feast, a vibrant food market place where you can Eat, Drink and Shop!
Should you require further information on our beautiful region prior to arrival simply phone or email us at the resort for further information. For those using social media channels we kindly ask that any photos you take of the resort or of the Bundaberg North Burnett Region that you use the following hash tags #Bargarasandcastles, #Bargaraaccomm #Visitbundaberg, #Southerngreatbarrierreef
We look forward to welcoming you to Sandcastles on the Beach and the Bundaberg North Burnett Region.